Mill 1 at Open Square current policies and procedures regarding COVID-19
We are currently only booking for September 1, 2021 and after. Should that change, we will post an update here.
Open Square will implement and enforce active guidelines as outlined by the State of Massachusetts as well as safety recommendations by the CDC. This will include, but is not limited to, the following safety precautions which may change at any given time at the sole discretion of Open Square based on changing guidelines, COVID infection rates, and COVID Vaccination rates:
- 100 guests maximum at Mill 1 which is an indoor only venue; this is exclusive of vendors and staff. Renters must provide a full guest list to Open Square management in advance of the contracted event date for tracing purposes.
- Not more than 6 people per table during reception. For ceremonies, chairs will be set up in groups of 2 with at least a 3′ distance between groups. The Renters and Open Square must both sign an approved floor plan in advance of the event.
- All guests, staff, and vendors must maintain a 6’ distance from each other when and where possible, including on the dance floor. Open Square will be marking 6’ distanced areas on the dancefloor to encourage guests to stay 6’ apart; exceptions will be made for the newlyweds, including their special dances with each other and with their parents.
- Masks must be worn at all times in all areas of the property except while seated and eating at tables; an exception will be made for the newlyweds as they take portrait photos.
- Bar service will happen at tables either by giving orders directly to bar staff when waited upon or by sending orders via a mobile device – there will be no walk-up service at the bar.
- Self-serve, unattended buffets, topping bars, drink stations, and other communal serving areas are not permitted; Renters will work with contracted caterer to ensure that all buffet stations (where applicable) are served and that all appetizers are passed by waitstaff.
Additionally, Open Square will be implementing the following for the safety of all guests and staff:
- Signage to remind staff event attendees of mask-wearing, distancing, and safety protocols
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol will be made available at entrances and throughout the space for staff and guests
- Regular (2-3 times per hour) sanitation of the bar, doorknobs, restrooms and other high-touch areas throughout the space
- Marked areas for proper social distancing around the bar, restrooms, and dancefloor
- When and as often as possible, keep windows and doors open to increase airflow
- Masks worn by all staff and vendors at all times
See the Mass.gov COVID-19 safety guidelines for reopening here.