Why Mill 1?
- Mill 1 is gorgeous. When we created the event space, we didn’t mess with perfection: we sandblasted the original brick, exposed the original high-ceiling pine beams, and refinished the original gleaming maple wood floors. We also added a stunning custom-designed bar and modern amenities. So not only will you get the historic feel of the generations that filled the space before you, you will get a uniquely serene, beautiful, natural backdrop that can be customized to reflect your personality and style.
- Your wedding photos and videos will look fantastic, no matter the weather, no matter the time of day, no matter the season. We’re across the street from a state park and the historic Holyoke Canal Walk, both of which feature incredible outdoor and industrial backdrops. And our wide variety of indoor, well-lit spaces ensure dry, comfortable guests while offering stunning photos you will cherish for decades.
- Our Event Managers are highly experienced and love working to make your special day a reality. They are deeply grounded in managing details, but they lead from the heart, which is exactly what you want for the biggest party you’ve ever planned. We put all our love and care into helping you manage your unforgettable event.
- We take food very seriously. Because personal and tailored food choices make events special and memorable, Mill 1 doesn’t limit you to one in-house caterer. Choose among our variety of five caterers, who consistently provide exceptional service and delicious fare.
- We’re green. We produce electricity onsite using a renewable resource (water) making every event at Mill 1 Zero Net Energy. We’re the most eco-friendly site for your celebration!
- Customizable floor plan
- Free, plentiful, well-lit parking
- On-site directional signs guiding your guests to Mill 1
- Handicapped accessible ramp directly into Mill 1
- AC and heat to keep the space comfortable for you and your guests
- Amenity baskets in restrooms and bridal suite
- Access to indoor and outdoor spaces across the property for unique and breathtaking photo opportunities
- Access for all guests to enjoy the bridge over the canal, which includes tables and chairs during warmer months
Planning & Getting Ready
- Venue Event Manager’s to help with vendor coordination and logistical planning
- Venue Event Manager’s time during your event to help facilitate setup, crowd flow, event timeline, and any venue related items
- Use of our event management platform, Planning Pod, to communicate with Event Manager, access documents, and keep track of logistics and floor plans
- Wedding suites to use however you wish
- 1 hour for ceremony rehearsal if you choose to get married on location
Ceremony & Reception
- Warm glowing bistro lights loosely hung over the dance area, reflecting beautifully in the polished maple wood floors
- Mill 1 banquet tables & chairs and cocktail tables set up and taken down before and after your event
- White garden chairs for your ceremony if you choose to get married on location
- Gorgeous lobby with shiny hardwood floors and high ceilings for cocktail hour
- Various bar/liquor menus for you to choose from and the opportunity for custom drinks and cocktails
- Friendly bar staff
- Full kitchen for your Preferred Caterer of choice
- Separate room for vendors to eat and store equipment, with their own entrance and restroom, to stay “behind the scenes”
Celebrate Any Type of Event with Us!
Up to 250 guests
Ask us about pricing for your non-wedding event such as Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Showers, and more!
250+ and special events
For larger events (up to 350), conferences, multi-day events, galas, and special events, please contact us for rate quote.
Includes a Ceremony and Reception both held in Mill 1 with:
- White garden chairs for ceremony
White garden chairs for reception
- Drapery and Arch Options
- Twinkle Lights
- Assigned Event Manager
Details & Décor
- FOOD, LINENS & TABLEWARE
At Mill 1, you’re free to choose among our five sensational caterers and work with them directly to design your menu, for use of a caterer outside of the preferred list a manager from Mill 1 must approve prior to signing the contract. Basic linens, water glasses, silverware & flatware are provided by Mill 1. Your caterer will need to provide the plates or we will rent at an extra fee. They will set and clear your tables during the event.
Mill 1 has a gorgeous, uniquely designed bar area and a full liquor license. We offer full per-person open bars, cash bars, and open bars based on consumption.
- FURNISHINGS & DECOR
Your rental includes our many sized banquet tables and white garden chairs, or antique cross-back chairs depending on the package you choose. If you would like a different style of chair or table, we will happily rent those for you, and will take care of coordinating delivery and set up.
We have many spots and hidden gems that create exquisite backdrops for your wedding photos. You have the entire property to take advantage of unique photo opportunities, both indoor and out, from our famous green door to the bridge over the canal. During the planning process, as part of your rental, we can schedule a 1-hour walk-through with your photographer to choose the perfect photo spots for your special day. See some examples of photos from real Mill 1 weddings!
Mill 1 = 200 max (seated with tables and large dance floor)
Mill 4 = 150 max (seated, plus standing wedding parties)